Selected Reviews from Course Evaluations Osher Institute (formerly Academy for Lifelong Learning)
Shakespeare and His Plays
- "The Shakespeare course was wonderful and the friendliness and interest level and participation of the class members were exactly what I sought when I decided to try ALL...."
- "Thank you for such intriguing courses as part of the ALL offerings. ALL is great! It should keep growing and growing...."
Feast and Famine: Agribusiness in Hawaii
- "Dr. Harrington's course told me about the impact of biotechnology on the economy of Hawaii. This was new and exceedingly interesting to me. Please expand and extend this course in future terms!"
The Illuminated Life/ Personal Journal Circle/ Living Your Dying
- "ALL is wonderful for seniors! It's saved my life. Anything from Mits Aoki or Abe Arkoff are sure to be excellent courses. Thanks."
- "Anything taught by Dr. Abe Arkoff is first-rate! His subject matter, organization, sharing, and gems of wisdom are valuable assets to ALL...."
- "What do I like most about ALL? Everything!...."
Physiology of Aging
- "Dr. Merritt offered good up-to-date information on the physiology of aging. A most valuable class. Keep up the good work!"
Flow: Enhancing the Quality of Life
- "Liz Bailey made me mindful of the challenges in the pursuit of happiness. Please encourage her to offer more courses at ALL next term...."
Fundamentals of Islam
- "I didn't know anything about the Islamic religion before I took Dr. Ahmed's course. He is an exciting, engaging instructor offering us challenging new perspectives. I truly hope that Saleem will teach another course on Islam soon."
Psychology and Shakespeare: Reciprocal Insights
- " ...Very informative background on Psychology. The professor was enthusiastic and her love of Shakespeare was infectious!..."
- "Excellent, excellent, excellent! Everything about the instructor's presentations brought life and enthusiasm to every class. I want to have class with Dr. Scheuer seven days a week!...."